Introduction & General Terms
It also relates to our use of any personal information you provide to us online, or on mobile.
- What information the HOBBINGPOST may collect about you;
- How the HOBBINGPOST will use information we collect about you;
- When the HOBBINGPOST may use your details to contact you;
- Whether the HOBBINGPOST will disclose your details to anyone else;
- Your choices regarding the personal information you provide to us;
Who are we?
Please visit the about us tab for an insight on the HobbingPost Media Company.
What information will the HOBBINGPOST collect about me?
will the HOBBINGPOST use the information it collects about me?
The HOBBINGPOST will use your personal information for a number of purposes including the following:
- To provide our services, activities or online content and to deal with your requests and enquiries;
- For “service administration purposes”, which means that the HOBBINGPOST may contact you for reasons related to the service, activity or online content you have signed up for, as set out in section 5 below (e.g. to provide you with password reminders or to notify you that a particular service, activity or online content has been suspended for maintenance);
- To contact you about a submission you have made, including any content you provide;
- To provide you with information about our services, activities or online content;
- To personalise the way HOBBINGPOST content is presented to you (e.g. if the first thing you look at every day on the HOBBINGPOST website is the weather for Luton, we may present this information or a link to it on your homepage);
- To use IP addresses to identify the location of users, to block disruptive use, to establish the number of visits from different countries and to determine whether you are accessing the services from the Nigeria or not. If not, you will be re-directed to the international version of the HOBBINGPOST website (HobbingPost.com), (see section 12 for details);
- To analyse and improve the services offered on HOBBINGPOST websites;
- To provide you with the most user-friendly navigation experience. The HOBBINGPOST may also use and disclose information in aggregate (so that no individuals are identified) for marketing and strategic development purposes; and
When will the HOBBINGPOST contact me?
The HOBBINGPOST may contact you:
- In relation to any service, activity or online content you have signed up for in order to ensure that the HOBBINGPOST can deliver the services to you;
- In relation to any correspondence we receive from you or any comment or complaint you make about HOBBINGPOST products or services;
- In relation to any contribution you have submitted to the HOBBINGPOST, e.g. on the HOBBINGPOST message boards or via text or voicemail message;
- To invite you to participate in surveys about the HOBBINGPOST services (participation is always voluntary); and
- For marketing purposes, where you have agreed to this (see section 6 below)
Local pages will give you detailed information about how the HOBBINGPOST will contact you in relation to specific services, activities or online content.
Will I be contacted for marketing purposes?
The HOBBINGPOST will only use your information for marketing purposes, or to promote new services, activities or online content where you have agreed to this.
Will the HOBBINGPOST share my personal information with anyone else?
We will keep your information confidential except where disclosure is required or permitted by law (for example to government bodies and law enforcement agencies) or as described in section 8 below. Generally, we will only use your information within the HOBBINGPOST. However, sometimes the HOBBINGPOST uses third parties to process your information on our behalf. The HOBBINGPOST requires these third parties to comply strictly with its instructions and the HOBBINGPOST requires that they do not use your personal information for their own business purposes, unless you have explicitly consented to the use of your personal information in this way.
Offensive or inappropriate content on HOBBINGPOST website
If you post or send offensive, inappropriate or objectionable content anywhere on or to HOBBINGPOST websites or otherwise engage in any disruptive behaviour on any HOBBINGPOST service, the HOBBINGPOST may use your personal information to stop such behaviour. Where the HOBBINGPOST reasonably believes that you are or may be in breach of any applicable laws (e.g. because content you have posted may be defamatory), the HOBBINGPOST may use your personal information to inform relevant third parties such as your employer, school email/internet provider or law enforcement agencies about the content and your behaviour.
What if I am a user aged 16 or under?
If you are aged 16 or under, please get your parent/guardian’s permission before you provide any personal information to the HOBBINGPOST. Users without this consent are not allowed to provide us with personal information.
How long will the HOBBINGPOST keep my personal information?
We will hold your personal information on our systems for as long as is necessary for the relevant activity, or as long as is set out in any relevant contract you hold with the HOBBINGPOST or the HOBBINGPOST’s corporate retention schedule (a database that defines which documents should be kept and for how long). If you cancel your registration as a HOBBINGPOST website member and your account is deleted a red flag goes on the database and, while the HOBBINGPOST cannot use the personal information, it stays on the system for a period of one year for administration purposes before being deleted automatically.
Where you contribute material to the HOBBINGPOST we will generally only keep your content for as long as is reasonably required for the purpose(s) for which it was submitted. For example, we will only keep copies of entries to a photographic competition for the duration of the competition.
Cookies Policy – Information the HOBBINGPOST collects from you
A. What is a cookie?
A cookie is a small amount of data, which often includes a unique identifier that is sent to your computer, tablet or mobile phone (referred to here as a “device”) browser from a website’s computer and is stored on your device’s hard drive. Each website can send its own cookie to your browser if your browser’s preferences allow it, but (to protect your privacy) your browser only permits a website to access the cookies it has already sent to you, not the cookies sent to you by other websites. Many websites do this whenever a user visits their website in order to track online traffic flows.
On HOBBINGPOST websites, cookies record information about your online preferences and allow us to tailor our websites to your interests.
Last updated: April 2014